On Thursday 11th November 2021, we were lucky enough to have a visit from retiring former Red Arrows pilot Oliver, who shared his experiences and knowledge with children across all four sections for them to achieve their Air Activites badges.
- made paper aeroplanes of varying technicality
- translated messaged from and into the phonetic alphabet
- used virtual reality to explore different aeroplanes
- identified tail fins of commercial air liners from written descriptions
- learned about several types of military aircraft
- used a remote controlled model of a Red Arrow to identify major flight control surfaces
At the end of the evening Oliver presented each child with the appropriate badge- the Beavers receiving stage 1, the cubs: stage 2, the Scouts: stage 3 and the Explorer: stage 4.